Should You Pay CAsh, Finance, LEase or PPA?
The immediate and long-term financial benefits of buying a solar energy system make them quite attractive, but a solar photovoltaic (PV) system can be a sizeable upfront investment. Even if you decide not to purchase your solar PV system in cash, solar financing options through the HERO Program, or other lending programs, provides you the benefits of owning solar without the upfront expense.
Solar Loans vs. Solar Leases
Don’t fall into the lease trap which will leave you with a huge balloon payment at the end. We have several finance options for which you can qualify. Not only will you be producing clean energy and lowering your cost of living, but you will also be able to take advantage of the Federal Solar Investment Tax Credit, and some counties offer rebates and more tax credits. This investment will add value to your home as well as reduce or eliminate your electric bill.
You probably purchased your home because renting was lining the pockets of your landlord. Well, if you sign a solar lease or PPA, you are “renting” the solar panel system from the solar company that owns it. If you install solar panels with a solar loan, you are the system owner who can take all of the benefits of owning solar.
Solar Financing Options
Solar LoansNo Money Out Of Pocket
- Federal Tax Credits.
- State and Local Incentives.
- Increase Value of your home – $20 to $1 Ratio.
- Eligible Solar Pro’s “GO GREEN” Rebate Program.
- Payments may decrease.
- No Pre-Payment penalties.
- Tax Deductible Interest.
- Now you own your own power.
- Once Approved – You own your solar system.
- No more electric bills – in most cases.
- Become Energy Independent.
HERO ProgramNo Credit Checks and $0 Down
- The WRCOG HERO Program is offered through a partnership between Western Riverside Council of Governments (WRCOG) and Renovate America, Inc.
- The HERO program provides Financing to install eligible energy and water saving products with flexible terms and payments are made with your property taxes for (20) years.
- With the HERO program – You can put the cost on your residential solar electric system on your property taxes!
Solar Cash PurchaseMaximize Your Solar Savings
- Purchasing your panels with cash up-front allows homeowners to maximize their savings over the lifetime of a set of solar panels.
- Take full advantage of federal and state tax credits and rebates.
- A cash purchase is a true price lock-in for power in the future.
- Your home value immediately increases by the value of your panels.
- Below is an example of what some of our customers are experiencing when purchasing their residential systems from Solar Pro’s via “Cash.”
- Example cash purchase – Solar system size 4.750 K
- $14,250 – Cash Price
- $ 4,275 – Federal tax Credit
- $9,975 – Actual cost after Federal tax Credit
- $40,320 – Added equity value to home
- *This system will cover a $168/Month electric bill.
Find out which solar financing option is best for you
My husband and I had Solar Pros install a system, on our home, nearly two years ago. We have not paid a monthly, public electric bill since. Kirk and his employees were very professional and walked us through the financing and rebate process. It was a very positive experience. The inspector said he had never seen such a clean installation. We have not regretted our decision to go solar or to use Solar Pros. We highly recommend Kirk, Julie and their team.
Robbin B, Sun City, CA - Yelp Review
Solar Pros was amazing from beginning to end. Kirk made it so easy! He helped us apply for the HERO loan, so there was literally nothing out of pocket, and it was absolutely painless! Once the approval happened-which was SO quick- his team of professionals was out to do the work. Their bid came in well under our other estimates. They were efficient, friendly, professional, and absolutely meticulous! Our solar system was installed so quickly, it is fantastic, and impressed even the inspectors! He made sure that every detail was done to perfection. Our system has worked beautifully, and he was great to counsel us on how to make sure the system was always working at optimal levels, and how to make sure everything went smoothly even after the installation. I would absolutely, HIGHLY recommend him to ANYONE looking to get solar, and I would urge everyone to get solar! It has saved us SO much money even just in the first year! I am thrilled with our service from Kirk Lessley and his team of professionals!! Thank you Kirk and Solar Pros, Inc.!!
Mandy A, Menifee, CA Yelp Review
Solar Pros installed our system close to two years ago, and we couldn’t be happier. The installation was quick and well done. Kirk’s calculations were spot on, and our system produces 100% of our electric needs. The information provided about financing and rebates was accurate and extremely helpful. It may sound a little silly, but I enjoy checking the app on my phone every day to see how much energy each panel is producing. I recommend this company to anyone wanting solar installed correctly and at a reasonable price.
Herb C, Yellow Pages Review
We Only Use The Best Solar Equipment
Let's Talk About Solar
Call us at (951) 244-7767 or send us a quick message so we can reach out to you.